12 women and 1 coxswain, an 8+ and a 4-, training on the rivers of Berlin for the United States. Here's whats going on with the High Performance rowers.

Final Days of Training



Check it out. This is the view from our boathouse dock. Stunning right.

As we near the scrimmages on Saturday, we are getting comfortable in our finalized boats and working on maximizing our coordinated strength and efficiency. I'm in the straight four, and it's the first time I'll be racing without a coxswain. At practice, we've been working on our catch timing to ensure that we are all in sync so that the steering can be used minimally, and we are learning how to respond to steering calls. Abby Young sits in bow and is doing a great job so far, though I'm glad I don't have to be in her place! I'm the 3 seat so I do absolutely nothing.. except pull as hard as I can.

Tomorrow we will head into the city again in the afternoon after a double practice in the morning, and on Friday we bus over to the race course to practice and rig the boats. We are kind of nervous to be racing against the German women, who come from some of the strongest and most elite programs in the world. But we're getting pretty hungry to win, all the same...